Monday, October 6, 2008

In Loving Memory... And My Wonderful Family

Last Sunday night my Grampy past away, I didn't realize what an impact it would have on me since I haven't talked to him in a while. But it has been harder then I thought. It was either Grampy or my Uncle Randy that named me Kali-Pooh. The name has stuck ever since. He and Grammy Grace made the trip from Monument, Oregon to Orem, Utah for Cody's and my wedding which meant a lot to us. He never was able to meet little Ally-pooh. He would have loved her. I have wonderful memories of him when I was growing up which I will cherish forever. My Grampy, One of my most favorite pictures.. Grampy on one of his hunting trips by the fire. The next one is the funeral thingee. I don't know off hand what that is call. BUT if you can read the left hand side, I think that it is one of the most beautiful poems, thoughts, or sayings I have ever read. I cry every time I read it. The next picture is some of the pictures that were at the reception. The next one is of his home in Monument, Oregon. I have so many happy memories of this place. I spend so many summers and holidays there growing up. The next one is of the Monument Motel that my amazing Aunt Jackie built from the ground up and runs. There is another part of the motel that we weren't able to get in the picture. That is were we stayed. The next picture is at the funeral luncheon. Ally with her Aunt Megan. And the next one is of my Uncle Randy with Ally. The next one is of my Aunt Jackie holding little Ally and chatting with Jan (a friend of the family). The next one is of Cody and Gabe (Aunt Jackie and Randy's son) and Ally playing on the couch. The next one is of Cody, Ally, Alex (my big bro.) and his son Liem. The next one is of my older bro, Alex and my older sis, Alyssa and our little ones. Ally, Liem and Seth. The last picture is of the cousins. Alex and his family, Alyssa and her family and Us, and my cousin Earl and his family and little Gabe. He is so cute and has the best parents who love him so much.
It was so long over due that Cody and I make that trip to see my relatives, even though we didn't get to spend more time with them.
Well I have run out of things to say on this post...I am sure y'all are so glad to be able to stop reading.











































































3 comments:

The BC Fam said...

Sorry to hear that, it's always nice to see family, though. I love Ally in the one on the couch w/Cody and the other little boy-so cute!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post Kali. I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I love you and think the world of you. It was so good to talk to you today. I miss you! Ally is the cutest thing on the face of the planet! She is a doll. Tell Cody hello and give the boys a kiss for us! With love- Nicole

The Ellington's said...

I am sorry for your loss.